It’s one of those days I’m just so flippin’ tired. I just want to snuggle up in bed and drown into sleep beneath its covers but I’ve decided to write. Which I don’t understand since I have little to nothing to write...
I hate it when the parents in this house hold don’t really communicate to me what’s going on or how things are going to be done. Like this morning I got up and almost screamed when I realized I had woken up at 8:45 when my school starts at 8:30. I’m rarely late to school at the beginning of the day so naturally I freaked out. However my bed head logic isn’t the best; I thought I would go to the first block of school then go to my 10 – something appointment down at Children’s Hospital to see the neurologist. After my logic kicked in I settled down a bit. So basically I was waiting around until a whirl wind of hectic whisked me into the van and to the Hospital.
Why was I going to the hospital? My right arm has been twitching for at least a month now. Within the last month I have been to the Emergency three times, seen six nurses, three or four... doctors, at least three neurologists and have had an EEG. I was diagnosed with genetic light sensitivity or something like that which is the main cause of the headaches I get.
Whatever this twitching is it isn’t brain bleeding, brain swelling, tumour, cancer or MS. So yippee I haven’t got something that might kill me! Neither is it epilepsy so I’m asking: WHAT THE HELL IS IT!?!? I’m not really afraid of it but the twitching with no answer is driving me crazy!! So now I have an MRI scheduled for July 19th I think and a follow up with the psychologist. Oh wonderful, a shrink is going to pick apart my mind. Hopefully they’re prepared or they’ll need therapy!!
So once the appointment was finished we went back to the van and mom was going to drop me off at the Skytrain station (Ga –my grandfather– had come with us so he was coming with me) since she needed to get to the North Shore for something for work. We get onto the Sky Train on Burrard and I realize I haven’t had any lunch. It was around 11:18 and I was damn hungry cuz 11:15 to 11:55 was lunch at school. After telling Ga I didn’t have lunch he decided to give me ten dollars. I was happy since the cafeteria food at school is awesome! Then I realized that the cafe shuts down fifteen minutes before 11:55. After figuring out it was 11:30 and we weren’t even close to Science World – Main Street station I gave the money back to him. So in the end I got a small Mc-Heart-Attack lunch and was late for my block after lunch.
Though since I thought it was Monday (the block order would be ABCD) I went off to my Humanities classroom. Thank god I noticed that the kids sitting in the room weren’t from my class because that would have made me look stupid. So then I thought it was DCBA (Thursday block order) so I whisked off to Math on the other end of the floor. Well since there was a bunch of grade tens in there that was the wrong class. For a moment I couldn’t even remember what the block order was for Tuesday! That’s one reason I hate long weekends...
Finally I realized the block order for Tuesday was CDAB once I remembered that tomorrow was Bad C Wednesday. So I sprinted to Science on the third floor, tripping up the stairs along the way and just about crashing into a group of skipping grade nines. Thankfully my science teacher is pretty laid back so I wasn’t in trouble.
I’ve noticed something while reading my “aunt’s” blog; her most repeated topic is the bathroom (weird topic, huh? And it’s the public bathroom usually). Well I guess it’s because she’s Miss Micro-Bladder. So I’m gonna be like Aunty Shannon and talk about the bathroom!!
I don’t know if it’s something I ate when we went on our Portland trip but I’ve been sitting on the can more recently than I usually do. It drove me insane during the Shrek movie as my butt was tooting away as if to tell me it was time to go. And oh boy did I kill something when I left the movie bathroom. I feel sorry for the next lady that had to go after me.
My parents have an overused joke after someone goes to the bathroom when we’re on a trip. “She’s killing small animals again!” Oh I wasn’t killing just small animals...
Is it just me or does the bathroom stink up more at a hotel than it does at home? Maybe there’s something about hotel bathrooms that just make them so great for creating gas bombs. Oh my poor family, they needed a gas mask just to go the bathroom after me. Except for my brother who is in diapers so between the two of us we were burning the eyebrow off my father. Actually I feel more sorry for the poor cleaning maid that came after we left.
Since my ADD is on a roll I might as well get at something me and my friend like to laugh at during lunch. What’s the worst children’s toy ever? It’s furry, red, around the size of a cat, laughs and is Satan.
Tickle Me Elmo.
I swear to god that thing should be called Tickle Me Satan. They built that thing like a tank! Stick Elmo in a microwave and he’ll be laughing till his circuits fry. Drown Elmo in gasoline, light him on fire and the thing will be laughing at you, mocking you, reduced to a disfigured molten shell that twitches its legs. I don’t care WHAT you do to that thing, it’ll die laughing. I swear I want to make a shirt with an Elmo in a microwave that says “At least I died happy”. I wonder what people would think about that. I bet I’d have a lot of room around me on the Skytrain and bus.
Well that’s all I have for today, and tomorrow I’m going rollerblading with my PE class for the whole day at Stanley Park. Boy won’t that be fun.
Until the next time I feel I have something better
Hold on and endure a little longer,
Darien
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete